Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've said Yes to Carrots. We're living happily ever after.

HELLO AGAIN!!

After a five or six day hiatus, I'm back, bro.  I hope all of you had a Joyeux Noël (Merry Christmas)!

Let me tell you how last night ended for me.

I got on my Blogger dashboard to check my traffic sources, and a lil' somethin' somethin' caught my eye.  It was the "search keywords" box, where the traffic sources gods tell you what keywords were entered into any particular search engine, thus resulting in a click-through to your blog.  And guess what. 

Somebody searched "What naughty things can I do to Jen?" and was brought to my blog.  Awesome.

Here's a naughty thing you can do to Jen.  FOLLOW HER ON TWITTER @j2mjen!

Anyway, I also ended my night by taking my makeup off with my new makeup remover, the Yes To Carrots Eye and Face Makeup Remover ($9.99 for 8.45 fl. oz.):

I'm in love.

I've blogged before about using makeup remover wipes because of their ease of use, but because they have such a drying effect on my skin (especially during the winter), I wanted to find something else to use. Since I'm a huge fan of all natural products, I immediately turned my attention to the Yes to _____ line.

The product is a creamy, white, lotion-like consistency.  It feels much more nourishing on your skin than the watery make-up removers, like Clean and Clear's Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.  It has a floral smell, but is not too overwhelming (and I hate floral smells, so that should tell you something).

It comes in a bottle (shown above), and its spout is something like a shampoo bottle, not a pump.

Its active ingredients are (ready?) organic carrots and pumpkins, Dead Sea minerals, and Dead Sea mud.  HOW luxurious!  The combination gives your skin Vitamin A, antioxidants, exfoliation, and hydration.  It also cleans your skin and leaves it feeling fresh and new.

A quarter-sized amount on a cotton swab was enough to take off my eye makeup.  Another quarter-sized amount was used on the rest of my face.

The best part: it takes your makeup off fast.  Just as fast as a makeup remover wipe, I'd say.

Rating:
Product: 4.5/5 (I really was expecting a carrot-like smell.  But, oh well.)
Packaging: 4/5 (I would've preferred a pump.)
Price: 5/5 (For organic ingredients, this is a steal.)
Overall: 4.5/5

There is also a Yes to Tomatoes (Clear Skin) line for Combination to Oily Skin, a Yes to Cucumbers (Soothing) line for Normal to Sensitive Skin, and a Yes to Blueberries (Age Refresh) line for Mature or Drier skin.  The Yes to Carrots (Nourishing) line is for Normal to Dry Skin, which I happen to be during the winter months.

Try all of them.  They're good.  Find them at Whole Foods, Target, CVS, and a whole slew of other stores.

<3,
jen

3 comments:

  1. Great review :) thanks for the info. Have a great New Years! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :) I never heard of this product and it's such a cute fun name as well ;). I hope you have the best New Years ever! Stay safe XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I was here, asking for friendship. ;) Would you like to follow each others blogs? Belated Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete