Friday, December 10, 2010

Tag: 2010 Naughty and Nice List - Mommy and Baby Edition

Same game, different name.  I'll list five items for me and/or baby that I WILL NOT BUY EVER AGAIN, and five items that saved my life.  Ready?  Go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU'VE BEEN NAUGHTY, BRO.
1) Nature Babycare Eco-Friendly Diapers
Since diapers are something like, the number two most disposed of item that populate landfills, my partner and I decided to try out these ecofriendly, biodegradable diapers.  My baby boy leaked out of these every single freaking night, and sometimes during the day.  It almost seemed like the good we were doing by using these diapers were offset by the amount of water we were wasting from having to wash all of baby's pee-ridden clothes.  Yuck.  (FYI - Seventh Generation makes a pretty good, eco-friendly diaper.)

2) Avent Baby Bottles
 
These left my baby gassy and irritable.  And when you're full of hormones and still healing from labor and delivery, that's terrible.


3) Baby Wipe Warmer

I actually never used a wipe warmer, but just the idea of them kinda freak me out.  They're known to harbor many different types of bacteria, since they stores wipes at an ideal temperature.  Then you slather them all over your baby's bottom (and sometimes face).  WHY?  If this post can prevent just one person from using a wipe warmer, I did my job.

4)  The Peekaru
I didn't buy this either, but a friend of mine threatened to buy it for me.  DON'T YOU EVER DO THIS TO YOUR BABY, EVER.  Unless that's your thing.  Then, right on.

5) These Mossimo Flats from Target
 
I list these as a "Mommy Product", because I wore them during my pregnancy.  They left several scars, gave me blisters, were super hard and inflexible.  I ended up donating them.  I should've just tossed 'em, so nobody would ever buy them again.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NICE!
1) HoMedics Mini Massager



It's only like, $5 from Target.  And yenno, when you're pregnant or you've just had a baby.  This is freaking awesome.

2) Boppy Pregnancy Pillow



Just do me a favor and get this if you're pregnant.

3) Balboa Sling!



YES!   My little man ALWAYS fell asleep after laying in this thing for a few minutes.  Both my hands were free, so I could do laundry, dishes, whatever.  Plus, you can wear it several different ways, to accomodate your baby as he or she grows.

4) Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Swing


We received this as a baby shower gift, and were scared to use it until baby was about three months old.  When we finally decided to put him in, he slept for two hours straight.  BOTH me and daddy were hands-free (and kinda just sat there and stared at each other, because we didn't know what to do with ourselves).  Anyway, we've since given this to our sister to use for her kid and hope to get it back for our next one.  :)

5)  Medela Pump-in-Style




Awwwww yeah.  The breastpump.  This was my best friend for an entire year.  I was able to store my things in the bag, it didn't outwardly look like a breastpump, it had different 'suck settings' (lol), and it did both boobies at the same time.  I recommend it to all my preggo mama friends.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How fun is this blogging thing?!

<3.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment